Sunday, September 14, 2008

Heavy Heart.

I received news this morning that one of my favorite ladies at the church I grew up at passed away. Sherita sang at my parent's wedding, and in fact, she and I sang on the worship team together frequently. It seems like only yesterday that she was diagnosed with cancer--and indeed, her battle was short. This is one of those situations where my feelings are so conflicted--sorrow, anger, happiness, relief. I suppose the bottom line is that she's no longer in pain, and that's a blessing.

I think today may be a rather melancholy day...with the news of Sherita's passing (or "promotion to grace" as they say in New Orleans") coupled with some seriously awful allergies/cold...I'm not feeling up to doing much of anything.

Meeting with the bank is coming up tomorrow--wish us luck on being approved for a home loan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.