Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Late Nights and Early Mornings = Musings

First off, let me start by saying how thankful I am that my husband and I both have fairly steady jobs. Justin's employer recently laid off half of their shop--Justin had a sit down with his boss, and asked if it was safe for us to continue the house search. Justin's boss told him that as long as there is ANY work in his field, Justin will have a job. Things were slow for awhile, and Justin wasn't getting the overtime that we are used to seeing...well, all that has changed, and it's definitely a "grass is always greener" situation. I am happy that Justin is getting overtime, but I'm not so pleased with the fact that rather than working 6am-5pm every day of the week, it has been including working 3am-4pm four days of the week. Last Friday, the poor guy worked 4am Friday-6am Saturday morning. It's totally thrown both of us off our schedules. My poor darling husband is exhausted all the time, and his body is on a weird sleep schedule. And I'm trying to be civil and caring, because I know this is not his choice, but it's hard to feel like you don't ever see your spouse, and I haven't been as nice and understanding lately as I would like.

So, last night we both skipped spinning classes and just hung out for awhile. Made dinner together, and perused real estate listings online. We go in on Monday to meet with a bank and see what we qualify for, and if we qualify for any first-time buyer programs. I am trying not to get my hopes up, because I just don't think we'll qualify for much. Though, I did read a blog by an Oregon realtor that discussed how if you're a first time buyer in the Oregon market, you can get into a new house with about $1000 in savings. She laid out a pretty good plan utilizing all kinds of different programs available. Which would be great...IF we qualify. Then, do we go for a house or a town house?

This situation is giving me a lot of stress! Sometimes I feel like we will NEVER get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.