Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My To Do List Is Small


So back in high school, I was introduced to this great band called Byword. Anyway, they have recently hit it big, and I was checking out their website and blog. One of the band members had posted a study/discussion, and it really resonated with me:

"Through uncomfortable and trying times, the plan of God is perfected. How can I be sure of this? Because my "to do list" is small. I am called to remain in His Word, pray at all times, seek the face of God and share it with others. While I am doing this, I can trust that God is taking care of every important detail. I can rest assured that He knows what he is up to and that if I begin to take control of where I am going, especially if I am driven by fear, I will miss out on a plan that exceeds my wildest of dreams!"

I don't know about you, but I am kind of a control freak. I like to-do lists...but not just your average to-do list, but to-do lists that are pages and pages long! I LIKE to be in control of every little detail. But, when I'm not in control, I experience a great deal of stress and anxiety, which I know means that I'm not giving it all to God like I should be. So, after reading the above snippet, I've been trying to remind myself that the essential core of my to-do list is really very small--and it's all about God, not all about me.

I have been praying a lot lately because I'm feeling at a loss as to where to go from here. Do we re-sign our lease or start looking at houses? Or stay in our apartment and start having kiddos? Or try to balance work AND house AND kiddos? What exactly is God trying to do with our lives right now? I feel this intense sense of stress because I don't know what to do. I don't have a plan, and it drives me batty. I need to keep in mind that my to-do list is small, and that God will take care of the rest...but boy is it hard to surrender that to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.