Friday, September 19, 2008

Thank God It's FRIDAY!

Yesterday was an absolutely terrible day. I felt awful, and things just weren't going right all day long. Some background: for the past few weeks, I keep going to the urgent care place near our house. I'm coughing up yellow chunks, have to carry a box of kleenex with me at all times, and just all-around feel like crap. They keep telling me that I'm just "peachy" (they say my allergies are just REALLY bad), but prescribe me Tussionex for my cough. I seriously think this office has a contract with Tussionex, because that's all I'm ever prescribed when I go to that office. In fact, I still have Tussionex from the last time I was there, so I didn't even bother to fill the prescription.

I haven't had good experiences with Tussionex before, but I thought I'd try it again. So, I took some Wednesday night. It's supposed to be the most powerful cough syrup there is, and is supposed to knock you out immediately. Yeah, it gives me the jitters. I was up until 4am on Thursday morning (though I did come up with a cool idea about how to re-do our barstools).

So, I called back, explained that the Tussionex does NOT work on me and asked for something else. They gave me the most glorious codeine cough syrup known to man. I have to be VERY careful with that stuff because my doctor growing up used to prescribe it to me waaaayyyyy too often, and it eventually got difficult to sleep without it. But, I haven't used it in a very long time, and I really did need it this time around. And I SLEPT...actually SLEPT without waking up every 20 minutes due to a coughing fit....for the first time in weeks. And it was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.