Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yay for me.

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing goes right? That was totally my morning. But, the day was redeemed in the end because I had my review at work and got a raise! Woo hoo! It was pretty awesome to feel like my hard work has been recognized and appreciated. Also, thank goodness it's hump day. And Thursdays are always great because I know that there's band practice at the end of the day, so at least I'll get to see my Renee!

In other news, the chair project is on hold. I found fabric that I like, but it's $40 a yard!!! I think maybe I should make sure we'll actually have use for barstools in the next place we live before making that investment. Also, we have new neighbors below us, including a bunch of teenage boys, and they are LOUD. And they play guitar hero into the wee hours of the morning.

The house-house that we're looking at has officially been on the market for 90 days...I was hoping that would mean a drop in price, but I don't see that yet. We have an appointment to talk with our real estate guy again on Saturday. I have a hot-cold vibe with our real estate guy. Some days I think he's awesome, and other days he really irks me.

I've been browsing Rate My Space a lot lately. It's interesting because I feel an inner battle going on. On one hand, I LOVE bold uses of color. On the other hand, I feel like neutrals give the home a more mature vibe. Maybe I just need to go neutrals with pops of color...I don't know. RMS is interesting though because I don't find a lot of "normal" homes that I love.


What I'm really looking for on RMS is ideas of how we could take the pieces that we have (dark brown leather couch, dark brown microsuede chair), add paint and other accessories, and have a FAB room. What I'm also finding is that I'm loving some rooms that aren't really my "style".

Another thing that sometimes bothers me about Rate My Space is that there are NO personal touches to a lot of the rooms. Ditto to re-do shows on HGTV and such...where are the family pictures?! Sometimes, the rooms look so sterile, and that totally turns me off.



I guess the search continues to find an inspiration room with the following qualities:
1. DARK brown furniture
2. Preferably includes pops of blue and green
3. But still manages to make the room feel light and airy, but COMFORTABLE, not stuffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.