Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ghost Town


After rave reviews from my sister, brother, AND parents, Justin and I bought the movie Ghost Town over the weekend. It's really unusual that both my sister/brother AND parents like the same movies, so I definitely had high expectations for this movie, and it did not disappoint.

Lisa recently discussed her not-so-friendly Norwegian neighbors, and I laughed just thinking about it because the lead in this movie is the EPITOME of an unfriendly neighbor. He's the type of guy who doesn't hold the elevator, steals other people's taxis, and is a dentist so that he doesn't have to hear people talk. On the odd occasion that he attempts to compliment someone, the best he can come up with is, "You have...comfortable shoes."

Anyway, here's the official description: Bertram Pincus is a man whose people skills leave much to be desired. When Pincus dies unexpectedly, but is miraculously revived after seven minutes, he wakes up to discover that he now has the annoying ability to see ghosts. Even worse, they all want something from him, particularly Frank Herlihy who pesters him into breaking up the impending marriage of his widow Gwen. That puts Pincus squarely in the middle of a triangle with spirited result.

1 comment:

  1. OOOHHH I so want to see it! I love Ricky Gervais...I think he is so hilarious. Have you seen any of his stand up? He is SO good (although he does do a bit of religious bashing, but I think you would actually enjoy....maybe?). AND, his show 'Extras' is absolutely hilarious. I am a BIG fan of his.

    Wonder when that movie will make it over to this side of the world...or maybe it started here?? Hehe...I am excited, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.