Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here's the thing...

So I've been going to the gym every morning after I take Justin to work, and I've gotta say that I am NOT liking it. Not only is my sleep-loving butt getting out of bed at 5:30am, but I'm not really seeing or feeling any difference thus far. Instead, I just look...pregnant, which is not acceptable, because as far as I know, I'm not pregnant.

On Sunday I even powered through on the elliptical like normal, which was NOT a good idea. My knee is killing me again. I've also been eating well--mostly black beans, wheat rice, and corn on flour tortillas or spinach salads. I've been drinking water, and not eating junk. But still, I feel tired, lethargic, etc. Literally, all I want to do is sleep.

Particularly after spending almost all of my day off answering work phone calls that were completely unnecessary. Some of these people drive me absolutely nuts with their entitlement bullshit. I'm sorry--you don't always get an answer the minute you want one. It's okay for me not to be reachable at all hours of the day and over the weekend. I don't get paid to answer calls from home or on the weekend--respect the fact that I have given my cell phone for emergencies, and don't effing take advantage of it.

3 comments:

  1. Doing the gym in the mornings DOES get easier, I promise! The first month really sucks though. But once you get into the routine, it's not so hard. This is coming from a non-morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh 5:30 is so early! I agree :( I am not a morning person either. And lately, I just look...pregnant too, and I'm not *crosses fingers*! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll see a difference soon! Maybe I'll start going at 730 my time and you can call me and we can encourage each other on the phone! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look pregnant too! What is up with this? I mean, oh wait. :)

    I commend you for doing it and think you'll enjoy it if you just stick it out!

    Anything that involves a sense of entitlement is no bueno, let alone when you're not at work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.