Saturday, January 10, 2009

Worth A Thousand Words

In what just may have been our worst monetary decision of 2009, Justin and I decided to get the DSLR camera today. We were going to wait until the end of the month, but Canon is having a manufacturer's special through the 17th that allows for a second lens at a greatly reduced price. We were going to order it off of Costco, but decided that we really wanted to play around with it first. So, we headed off to a local camera shop to test it out. As expected, the camera kit was more expensive at the local shop. However, after spending about a half an hour talking with the guy, we decided to go ahead and purchase it from him. Even though it was slightly more, J and I were able to support a local business, which we both think is really important. Then, after we bought the camera, the guy spent an hour teaching us all kinds of tips and tricks that it probably would have taken me months to figure out from reading the manual...we both left feeling like spending a little more was really worth it in this situation. So without further adieu, here's some of our pics from our first day shooting:






Kait called to tell us that the moon was supposed to be HUGE today. Sho nuf, it was ginormous! We had to pull over and take a shot...

Justin's really excited about the camera too. He snapped this one, which I think is unusual, but kind of neat.

I wanted to experiment with the Christmas lights in the background. J was my test subject. Not too bad for an after-dark shot.

I think I caught Logan by surprise :)



6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you gotta splurge a little, and it already looks like you will get plenty of use out of it.

    Gorgeous pictures. You are really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Your pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh I AM SO JEALOUS AND SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I think the lights in the background are not cheesy at all, and turned out really great. I know you probably won't even come close to posting all the cool stuff you are experimenting with on your blog but I want to see more ... maybe you are thinking of making a blog just for your pics so I can check them out on the slightest whim? Again, so excited and so jealous! ;) Have fun!

    I really like the one Justin took. Tell him I think it is a kick in the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm glad you finally got it! I think it will be your best decision of 2009 :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures :) And of course you already know, I am so jealous ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh yay! I love the one of your husband with the lights in the background! That's such an awesome effect! You're already awesome with this camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.