Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snippets

1. I made Smothered Chicken last night off of a recipe on allrecipes.com. I was a little suspicious of the ingredients (who combines Ranch Dressing and Teriyaki?), but due to the hundreds of RAVE reviews, I made it anyway. It was terrible. Way, way, way too salty, even for Justin, which is a feat in and of itself. One reviewer suggested combining Ranch and BBQ sauce instead...I think that sounds MUCH better. Maybe I'll have to try it sometime.

2. Speaking of Teriyaki, I really want to go to this local Japanese restaurant where they cook the cook in front of you. They also have this FANTASTIC Teriyaki chicken, and even more important, Fujiyama Punch, which is this frozen drink with raspberries and rum, which is to die for. Maybe I can convince Justin to take me there on Friday night.

3. I really need to clean the house. Mondays are usually devoted to the purpose, but I wasn't able to clean on Monday since I was stuck at work for half of my day off, and then out with my MIL for the second half.

4. I better get with the house cleaning since I'm doing family pictures for Ryan and Renee on Saturday. I'm incredibly excited, but also a little bit nervous! I'm also hoping that my camera functions properly--I've been getting this "Flash Busy" error message lately. Googling hasn't yielded too many results. Anyone have an idea what that's about?

5. For the last three or four months, I've been sleeping like shit. I'd wake up 9 or 10 times during the night. One of the nights, I noticed that the bedroom seemed really bright, and figured out that it was from the glow of our cell phones (which we use as our alarm clocks). Two nights ago, I flipped my phone over so that the glow faces the nightstand. I've been sleeping like a baby ever since. I hope it continues!

1 comment:

  1. Uh I would not like that chicken either :( I am making some chicken tonight and may post the recipe if I like it :)

    And my house is a disaster too. My goal is to have it spotless by the end of the week (tomorrow night when Jesse gets off work)...We shall see how that goes. It's always lovely when your hubby wanders in with muddy boots, something you know all about :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.