Thursday, January 1, 2009

So, maybe no cat...

Tonight, Justin suggested that maybe instead of a cat, we should use the rent refund money to get a DSLR camera. I've been eying the Canon Rebel XS for quite some time. Justin actually wants me to get the next step up at Costco, but I'm not sure that the extra 2MP, 2 points of auto-focus, and half an inch of the LCD viewing screen are worth the extra $200.

I'm not sure how I feel about this--we all KNOW that I've been dying for a DSLR for quite some time. But I also know that things are going to be tight this month monetarily...and his offer to use the refund to get a DSLR is assuming we even receive the full refund. Who knows if we really will. Coming from someone who has a hard time buying things for herself unless they're on sale, it's a bit easier to accept something like a DSLR camera when you have a $10,000 tax refund coming, versus trying to make it work during a regular month. Using the rent refund to buy it makes me nervous. But it would also ensure that I have a DSLR for some upcoming events that would be really awesome to have it for--such as the benefit concert for Habitat for Humanity that Justin's band was asked to play in the next couple of months. I just don't know. I wish I had a money tree!

So moving on to actual photography, Renee is on board with the family pictures on the bed. I'm really excited for those. After we do the normal family shots, I think it might be fun to take a cue from The Pioneer Woman and string up some multi-colored Christmas lights on the windows, wall, or whatever, to get  BOKEH sort of effect:


I think that with the right styling, I could make it look not Christmassy, but I'm not sure. It's probably one of those things that would either look awesome, or be really cheesy :)

1 comment:

  1. Cat camera, cat camera...it's a win win, let's be honest. Maybe wait to see how much money to decide? Stop worrying unnecessarily? ;)

    Also, pretty cute that J is the one that keeps suggesting it...nice that he is supporting you on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.