Friday, January 16, 2009

Well then.

My doctor's appointment went like this:

Dr: So I hear you have a sore throat.
M: Yes, but that's now the least irritating symptom. I have the worst headache, and my neck and my back hurt like nothing I've ever experienced.
Dr: Well, you only have a 99 degree fever--that's not too concerning.
M: That's what you said about my appendix!
Dr: True, true. Let me look at your throat.
{I open my mouth and say ah}
Dr: Well, it doesn't LOOK like raging strep, but it probably is. I'll give you a Z-pack, and if you don't feel better by Monday, give me a call.
{Wondering why he didn't actually do a strep test on me}
M: And strep would make my back and neck hurt like this?
Dr: The last time I had strep, I wondered how my arm suddenly weighed 50 pounds. It's terrible. Take aspirin, advil, NyQuil...whatever works and has something like acetaminophen in it.
M: Okay, will do.

The only good news is that he gave me something new to try for the headaches. I still don't feel any better at all, and my back and neck don't really feel better even when I DO take those meds. There's no way I can go into work today...the only thing that makes a bit of difference is NyQuil, and that just knocks me out. I probably shouldn't anyway because I haven't been on antibiotics for 24 hours yet. Yay.

I tried to eat macaroni and cheese last night. I hadn't eaten all day, but I didn't feel nauseos, so I tried some. BAD IDEA. I think I'm sticking to jello and ginger ale.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh...sorry you're sick. I didn't make it into work today either. Sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, slight fever...good stuff. Here's to hoping we get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your sick. Yucky. I hate winter, everyone is always sick and droggy. Let me know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illness is unfortunate, but I should say that your story is hilarious.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.