Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not Your Mom's Potato Salad

This is MY mom's potato salad :)

Really though, I love this recipe. Usually I can't eat potato salad because I'm allergic to eggs, and potato salad is usually way too mayo-filled and such for me, and ends up just making me sick. I can totally handle this one, and I LOVE it. In fact, I am seriously craving it right now.

Zesty Potato Salad
4 med. unpeeled red potatos
1 bunch green onions with tops, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Dressing: 2 T mayonaise, 1 T sour cream, 2 T bottled ranch dressing, 2T Dijon Mustard, 1tsp tarragon vinegar (or white wine vinegar with some dry tarragon added if I have it), and paprika to taste.

Place potatoes in saucepan, cover ith water. Bring to a boil and boil for 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into cubes. Add green onions, salt, and pepper. Combine dressing ingredients and pour over potatoes. Toss well. Chill one hour and sprinkle with paprika.

*My mom usually doubles the recipe, but keeps the amount of onions the same. She uses low fat or fat free mayo, sour cream, and ranch. She also said that she only adds tarragon when she happens to have it in the house...no sweat if she doesn't.

2 comments:

  1. I'm deathly allergic to potatoes. =) Just kidding, but I REALLY do not like them, in any form. Not fries, not mashed, not twice baked. My husband loves them though, and I'm always looking for ways to cook them for him. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.