Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A few things....

- I fell asleep before Lie to Me finished last night. Anyone want to tell me how it ended?

- Speaking of sleep, I cannot get enough. On Sunday, I got up, got ready for church, and had to take a nap again before we went. People keep telling me that it's "normal" for this stage of pregnancy. This may be true, but it's really kind of difficult when you're still working. Regarding sleep, people keep telling me, "You just WAIT until the baby comes!!!" Yes, I know, I won't be sleeping much. I'm a zombie now, I'll be a zombie then.

- I discovered a great no-knead bread recipe. Click here. You can substitute some of the white flour for whole wheat flour. I topped one of my loaves with cheese, and J proceeded to eat pretty much the entire thing with a beer on Saturday night. Justin is a sucker for beer, cheese, and bread.

-Last week, I also froze a couple batches of Ropa Vieja, which is a Cuban beef stew, to toss in the Crock Pot. The name of the recipe translates to "old clothes"--there's a story that a family was so poor that they had no food. The father decided to try and make a stew out of his old clothes. His love conquered all, and it was the best tasting stew ever. Unfortunately, I can't quite say the same for this recipe, because I had to doctor it quite a bit. We're talking 5 or 6 tablespoons of cayenne pepper, quite a bit of chili powder, and I am NOT a spicy food gal. Next time, instead of the tomato paste, I think I'd substitute a can of Rotel or something similar to give it more heat. In the end, we ate it over rice with cheese, and it was pretty good.

-I need to do some photography. Heck, I'd even be happy just taking pictures of leaves, but the weather has been so non-cooperative lately, that hasn't even happened.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the bread recipe! Sounds yummy. Rotel fixes everything...hope the weather gets better so we can see some of your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. head on over to my blog, you have an award waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.