Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Snippets

 - I don't have a ton to report--I'm going through my annual "I hate that it's getting dark so early" phase.

-Lizzy is officially 10 months old today! Which means that this really should be a "Letter to Lizzy" post. Hopefully I'll have one later in the day, if our house ever stops being so dreary from the rain outside and actually gets some light {to take some photos}.

- Justin and I may actually have date night tonight! J's boss gave us tickets to a concert tonight. Upon further research, I hilariously discovered that the band in question is Christian "hard rock". LOL. Not exactly my genre of choice, but who am I to pass up a pre-paid date night?!

-Lizzy and I are STILL battling chest colds. She's doing well, except for an occasional coughing fit (not of the whooping cough variety though, no worries). I probably need antibiotics, but I'm still trying to kick it on my own. I actually don't feel so bad, but I tried to work out yesterday, and thought my chest was going to explode. There's still a lot of junk in there.

-I'm sad. I have a friends and family card for Gap/Old Navy for tomorrow. Since Gap went and stupidly changed all their jeans, Old Navy's Dreamer jeans have been my go-to jeans post-pregnancy since they come in talls online. I usually only have one pair at a time, since I've gone through three sizes since having Lizzy. I was all set to buy another pair with my coupon, but they don't have any in my size. Again. Actually, I couldn't really find my size in any of their styles either. Lame. 

- I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Within the past week or so, I've finished Catching Fire (Hunger Games Book 2) by Suzanne Collins, A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve, The Host by Stephenie Meyer (of Twilight Fame, but this was her first book, I believe).  All were probably worth reading. But now I feel like I'm in a reading slump. This always seems to happen with me--I breeze through three good books, then read nothing but crap for several months. I picked up Never Tell Our Business to Strangers: A Memoir by Jennifer Mascia at Goodwill yesterday. I was really excited about it, but I'm about 100 pages in, and it's just really slow. I have a lot of book on my "to-read" list, but I'm like 16 or 20 on the wait list at the library for all of them. I wish our local library stocked more than Nora Roberts and Louis Lamour so that I could go browse and find something awesome. Anyone have suggestions for good books that aren't brand new releases?

5 comments:

  1. Which Christian hard rock band is it? :)

    Hope you guys get over your colds soon! :( No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read The Island by Victoria Hislop? I read this last year and really enjoyed it. This year I've liked The Birth House by Ami McKay and Honolulu by Alan Brennert. Good luck finding something you'll like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently read Watchers by Dean Koontz and it was a great read! oh, and it helps that it was written in 1987 too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hating the time change! I hate that it's already dark when I leave work. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try a mustard plaster for your chest :) http://tinyurl.com/2alehpk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.