Thursday, June 9, 2011

Well, it's 1:56pm on Thursday afternoon. Lizzy's napping, and I just finished Insanity Pure Cardio. I've done this week of Insanity (starting over on week 1 again) by myself, and I'm beat. Consequently, this is going to be a total brain dump.

I'm sitting here thinking about all the things we need to do to get ready for our trip to Illumination Music festival in Red Bluff, CA tomorrow. We have a night jam packed with band practice at 6pm, a softball game for J at 8:30pm (which he will probably be home from at about 10:30pm), we have to pack, and then we're supposed to be on the road by 4am tomorrow morning. I'm stressed...but the funny thing is that by the time most people read this post, we'll be there already and this will all be a moot point!

I hate that we have no idea whether we'll be there for one day or three. See, Justin's band is definitely playing one song at 10am on Friday morning. If they like them, they play another on Saturday, and then again on Sunday. This is apparently some sort of battle of the bands, and the winner plays on the main stage next year.

This whole trip to Illumination is kind of a weird situation for me because I don't really know how to talk to God about it. I want the band to win the whole battle of the bands, but praying for that reminds me of back in my sports days when other teams would pray that they'd win the game...something that I always hated. I know that I probably SHOULD be praying that God's will be done (and I do want that). I SHOULD be praying for safe travel. I SHOULD be praying that we can show God's love. Because I know that there's a purpose for us going to this thing whether or not we win (which is what I'm trying to convince myself to cling to and not feel like it was a "waste" if we don't win it all). But MAN, I want us to win.

Did I mention that we're camping, but campfires and camp stoves are not allowed? Among just being a general PITA, it also means that I'm likely to go three days without coffee...

Also, if we don't make it to In N' Out at least once this weekend, I will have a cow. Heh.

The end.

6 comments:

  1. How about praying for the band to do their best and hope for a fair ruling?! Woot!

    Praying for y'all!

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Justin's band! I will see a prayer for him and for a safe trip for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a safe trip, an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G weekend, and I'll pray for the band to show their very best.
    Seat back, relax, Enjoy the journey!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is hoping you enjoy your weekend and praying that the band plays better than their best and you survive without coffee and get some burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously hope you can find some coffee. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Megan- Instant coffee??

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.