- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
- Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
- Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
1. I was 5'8" by 4th grade (I'm at least 5'10" now). I've spent most of my life feeling like I'm a giant, comparatively!
2. My thumbs are double jointed. I can pull my thumb backwards down to my wrist and then rotate it 360 degrees until it's back in the normal position again.
3. Although I'd occasionally eat chicken, I was essentially a vegetarian from sometime in high school up until my freshman year in college. My dad usually cooked our meat well-done, and I didn't like how it tasted, so I stopped eating red meat and didn't miss it.
4. Now I know that I like my steaks medium-rare.
5. I am not a naturally tidy person. I usually wait until our house gets to be a total disaster to clean.
6. I absolutely HATE cilantro.
7. I absolutely hate writing thank you notes, and I personally believe that if the gifter watched you open the present and you said "thank you", that should be sufficient.
8. Justin and I got married when we were 19 and 20 (ps-I added a wedding post in the "Our Story" tab up top if you're interested).
9. Growing up, I always thought I'd be a marine biologist. Then I discovered I hated science.
10. My mom used to drink tea almost every single morning. I used to HATE how it tasted, and never understood tea drinkers. But, I'm a recent convert to Good Earth's Sweet & Spicy tea.
11. When I moved up to Tacoma for college, I came from a very small town in Southern Oregon. I was absolutely FLABBERGASTED that you cannot see the stars inside the city! I honestly had no clue that some people don't see them every night.
11 Questions (I just plucked a few from each):
1. If you could spend $200,000 at one store, where would it be? What would you buy?
Well, I should probably be practical here and say Lowe's or Home Depot, because Lord knows we could do a TON of house projects (table, headboard, landscaping, backyard, patio furniture, kitchen backsplash!) with $20,000. But really? You know I want to say Target!
2. What is your all-time favorite quote?
It's from The Perks of Being A Wallflower: "There is nothing like the deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons. It was that good."
3. If you had the choice, would you rather be a famous chef or a famous movie star?
A famous chef! Because not only would I have access to all the best ingredients to cook with, but I'd also be able to do "restaurant swaps" with other famous chefs, and finally eat at Tom Colicchio's restaurant!
4. Did you go to public or private school?
Public school. Honestly, I think private schools are a little overrated--they come with their own problems and issues in my experience. But that said, I have a feeling Lizzy will end up going to one since there's a school at our church.
5. What is your favorite pen to write with?
Pentel has these really thin pens that are almost like markers, but work much better for writing than markers do, and I LOVE them. I almost bought a turquoise Le Pen over the weekend--are they worth it?! Also, does anybody else remember that set of 36 Pentel markers that came in that yellow case? I *loved* those!
6. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
An at-home Yumm-Cup--black beans, rice, a little cheese, Cafe Yumm sauce, spinach, tomato, and peppers.
7. If you won the lottery, what would you do first (besides paying off any debts)?
Go to Hawaii. Every year when we get our tax return back, I usually find myself thinking 'why don't we just forget all the things we've budgeted and go to Hawaii instead?!' I love the beach, and Oregon is definitely the coast, not the beach.
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality TV. I know a lot of it is garbage, but sometimes I just want something that's mindlessly entertaining!
9. What do you hope your life looks like 5 years from now?
A lot like it does now, but hopefully with more kids, less debt, a designated family night, and living in a house with less "stuff".
10. If you were the mother of the Duggar children, what is one rule you would set in your home above all others, with that many children?
You must at least TRY a bite of everything that I made for dinner. If you don't like it, make your own.
11. Where is your fast food of poison?
Taco Bell. Hands down, by far. I could go years without McDonalds, BK, Carl's Jr, etc. But I LOVE Taco Bell!
And my 11 Questions are:
1. Where is the last place you went on vacation?
2. Where is the place you'd most like to go on vacation?
3. Are there any foods you want to like but don't?
4. What's the last thing you ate?
5. The last movie you saw?
6. The last book you read?
7. Do you paint your fingernails/toenails?
8. What's your least favorite color?
9. What's your favorite kind of exercise? How often do you do it?
10. What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?
11. What do you like on your pizza?
And I tag: Kristal, Sar, Lisa, and Kait