Friday, March 16, 2012

Book Review(s): Baby Lit Books by Jennifer Adams

IMG_6933

It's no secret that Justin and I are both total book nerds. We both love to read, and can easily get lost in a book for the better portion of a day. One of my favorite activities is browsing the library or used book store, hoping to find a hidden treasure.

It's also no secret that we hope to facilitate that love of books in Lizzy as well. We go to story time in the library weekly, and many of our household traditions revolve around books.

IMG_6928

Yesterday, I received two books from the Baby Lit: Classic Books for Brilliant Babies series, and I literally squealed with glee. I mean, how could you not? The two books that I received to review were Alice in Wonderland: A Colors Primer and Jane Eyre: A Counting Primer both by Jennifer Adams and illustrated by Alison Oliver. Pride and Prejudice and Romeo and Juliet round out the other Baby Lit books. In a word? They are STUNNING.

IMG_6911

The illustrations are absolutely beautiful, bright, funky, and fun. I could absolutely picture some of them framed in a nursery.

IMG_6937

IMG_6951

The content is age-appropriate for Lizzy, but also kind of fun for me--number 9 in the Jane Eyre book is "9 pearls", which Lizzy can easily understand, but then tucked away in the bottom corner of the illustration, it also says "I have as much soul as you--and full as much heart," which is a quote that adult lovers of Jane Eyre will appreciate as well.

IMG_6924

Overall, I really, really, really love these books, and want to go buy the other two immediately. As I mentioned before, they're a little for her and a little for me--because what bona fide bookworm wouldn't get a little kick out of their toddler reading Jane Eyre, Alice in Wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, or Romeo and Juliet to a couch full of their stuffed animals?!

Overall?



Disclosure Statement: Both Jane Eyre and Alice in Wonderland were provided to me by Gibbs Smith for review. I did not receive any other compensation for my review, and all opinions about the books are my own. I don't think I could like about a book even if I tried.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodreads! This is wonderful. I had no ideas this existed and as a professor of early childhood education, that's unacceptable. I'm going to check this out right now. You're a great mommy facilitating this love of reading. Thanks so much for this wonderful post!

    Happy seeing beautiful!
    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are so cute! Will have to check them out - the English lit major in me thinks all babies should be exposed to some version of the classics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! We need those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet... I want those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh! Book love! How cool! I don't even have kids and I want them! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good job. Must be bookmarked:)
    Have a look at my webpage : canapé cuir

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.