Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 33 weeks

33 weeks
'Scuse the pajamas--I'm feeling pretty blah, and we're just lounging around today, so there ya go.
And I didn't take a 33 week photo with Lizzy apparently, so nothing to compare it to this week!

How far along: 33 weeks.

Size of baby: A durian fruit (?!) (The Bump) or a pineapple (Baby Center).  In other words, about 17-18 inches and 4-5 pounds.

Weight Gain:No change this week, so a total gain of 17-18 pounds.

Symptoms: Heartburn again, even with Zantac. I had another weird thing with my vision happen last night, but none of the other symptoms that went with it last week. I just felt a little off, like I might pass out. Once I laid down on the couch for about a half an hour and drank some apple juice, I was fine and everything went back to normal. We took my blood pressure, and it was 121/60, so I'm not too worried...well, other than I'm a little paranoid that I have HELLP syndrome because my pregnancy book and Dr. Google list continuous heartburn, fatigue, headaches, blurry vision, and tingling in extremities as symptoms, and I've had all of those at one point or another this pregnancy. But I'm trying to remind myself that all of those symptoms could easily be 100 other things, and that I haven't had issues with any of the other things usually associated with HELLP like high blood pressure, protein in urine, swelling, vomiting, etc. Plus, I just had blood work done last week and he said everything looked perfect there as well. But sometimes I can tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac, and latch on to one particular disease or thing that I've heard about it, and totally convince myself that I have it. My mom is the same way :)

So anyway, I'm trying to decide whether or not I need to call in and report the weird vision episode to my OB, since everything is fine now (and was almost as soon as I ate/drank something), or whether I can just wait to talk to my OB next week.

Exercise: Nope. 

Clothes: Yep, maternity.

Cravings/Aversions:Nothing in particular.

Movement: Yep :)

Worries: Just what's mentioned above!

Milestones: She is now keeping her eyes open while awake, and also practicing coordinating sucking and swallowing.

What's Different This Time: Nothing particular!

Best moment of the week: Having a CLEAN KITCHEN and coffee made when I got up on Monday morning! Thank you Justin!

4 comments:

  1. I had tons of signs of pre-e starting at 28 weeks with Ryann, but my BP stayed pretty normal until 34-36 weeks. Then it started creeping up (140/80-85ish). But we didn't really realize it was pre-e until it was, you know? Just one weekend (at 38 weeks) all of the sudden I felt really bad, and that was the first time my BP was over 145. It hit 162/100, but would go down if I stayed laying down on my left side. I would just keep an eye on it, and maybe mention it to your doc. We caught mine before it did any serious damage, so I'd say it is better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! It won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) your hair is beautiful, I'm jealous! 2) Your bump is so cute and makes me wish I'd taken a few more pregnancy photos. 3) I can't believe you have 7 weeks left! I know you probably can, but whew, it's flown by for me as an outside observer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, girl. Hope the vision stuff is absolutely nothing. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.