Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Story of a Sister Picture

Yesterday, Lizzy turned FOUR, which seems absolutely crazy. I know that many of you have been reading this blog since I was pregnant with her or before, and I don't know about you guys, but for me, this is the first year that I've really thought 'holy cow, she really is a KID now.'

It's crazy. Hold me while I go cry for a minute.

Anyway, for her birthday, Lizzy wanted to go to a McDonald's nearby that has a huge indoor play area, and so we went. And for some reason, while we were there I got it into my head that it was CRUCIAL for me to get a good sister picture.

Even though the lighting was so bad that I had to shoot far more open than I wanted to.

Even though they were both wearing white, which is the most work of any color to photograph.

Even though they both had zero interest in this particular project.

And...well...it didn't quite go as I'd hoped. {Duh}.

Sibling8
Sibling7
Sibling6
SIbling5
Sibling4
Sibling3
Sibling2
"Aaaannnnd I'm done," she said. Sibling1

So honestly, I was a little irritate at first. Because SERIOUSLY you guys. Sometimes, there is nothing more obnoxious than kiddos who are intentionally sabotaging a photo, which is exactly what was going on here by the birthday girl.

But, it's been more than 24 hours now, and I've had some space and time, and now...I kinda love this series. It is just so them. And I love them. And I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Weirrrdddd. Have totally been reading your blog since the days of pregnant-with-Lizzy and it seems like not that long ago! Crazy that we are on the brink of 4, too. yiiikes ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's most frustrating when you are "trying" for a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are freaking adorable. And love the new header of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome photos- totally captures their personalities- I love them!! :)

    Emily @ DavenportDIY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kid pictures are so frustrating - but then the "mess ups" are always the keepers! Four is SO fun. I really love this age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.