Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 30 & 31 weeks

31 Weeks
And 31 weeks with Lizzy (same shirt and all, ha!)

How far along: 31 weeks.

Size of baby: A pineapple (The Bump) or four navel oranges (Baby Center).  In other words, about 15.2-16.7 inches inches and 2.5-3.8 pounds.

Weight Gain: +16ish pounds total, from pre-pregnancy weight, which means I've gained 3 pounds a week over the last two weeks! Oye! This makes sense, as I've been absolutely ravenous now that I'm not dealing with heartburn, but I'm hoping to get back to a 1 pound a week gain here soon.

Symptoms: The doctor gave the ok for Zantac twice-a-day, and it's made a HUGE difference heartburn wise, thankfully. Other than that, what I think is some weird nerve stuff depending on how she's laying. Once last week I woke up kind of disoriented and also my right hand was numb. It was bizarre, but subsided shortly after I felt the baby move positions. Later in the day, my right leg went numb, but again, it went away after I felt her move. I had nerve issues towards the end of my pregnancy with Lizzy too (I'd just randomly black out), but at that point, she was pretty much locked into position, so it was a bit of a different scenario. Also, I'm just remembering that at my appointment last week, my blood pressure was low...I wonder if that's related as well? I'll have to ask about it next week.

Exercise: Does picking 70 pounds of peaches and hauling them to the car count? I'm going to vote that it does.

Clothes: Yep, maternity.

Cravings/Aversions: Not especially. I'm still loving watermelon, and fruit in general.

Movement: Yep :)

Worries: Just getting stuff done! It's frustrating to me that I'll work on stuff for a few hours, and then have Braxton-Hicks and have to sit down for another few hours. I'm looking forward to that point where they say "go ahead, even if it makes you contract." I sat down and made a big list of everything the other day, and it's a lot to do. And that's just the stuff here at home, and not counting the Harvest Fest that I'm helping organize at church!

Milestones: All five senses are now in working order--she even responds to light! Other than that, I think there's just some serious brain development going on this week.

What's Different This Time: Last time, at 31 weeks we'd just finished our childbirth class at the hospital, and I was thinking a lot about labor and delivery. I'm thinking a lot about labor and delivery this time too, but that's probably worth its own post eventually.

Also, I thought it was funny that the nursery was basically done, aside from painting a dresser. This time, almost ALL we've done nursery wise is painting the dresser, ha!

Best moment of the week: We were outside priming the rocking chair yesterday, and Lizzy said, "Awww, this is for my baby sister, Rebecca Tinkerbell!"

8 comments:

  1. Rebecca Tinkerbell = best. name. ever. Please tell me that's what you're going with :) Take it easy- don't stress about what's done and what's not done. The most important thing is healthy baby and healthy mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Did I miss it? Has baby girl #2 been named? Is she actually Rebecca?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time you post maternity photos, I want to say this. I haven't yet because I am worried it will come across not the way I intend..

    You look amazing! I see the photos of your first pregnancy compared to now, and I always notice that you look so polished, put together, and happy in your current photos compared to back then.

    You look adorable in your Lizzie pregnancy photos too, please don't get me wrong. I just think lately you always look so cute and well put together :)

    I hope that came out as a compliment, because I mean it to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!

    Xo Jill

    jillianturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to comment on all of these but have been so busy. These weeks just keep flying by! I can't believe you're already 31 weeks along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you look great! And yes, hauling that many peaches counts as exercise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.