Friday, September 21, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 32 Weeks


Sorry guys...this mirror shot from yesterday is the best we're gonna get this week. I hope to do a lot of cleaning today, and I figured there wasn't any sense in taking a shower and getting all cute only to spend the whole day cleaning! And compared to 32 weeks with Lizzy:

 

How far along: 32 weeks.

Size of baby: A squash (The Bump) or a large jicama (Baby Center).  In other words, about 15.2-16.7 inches inches and 2.5-3.8 pounds.

Weight Gain: +18ish pounds total, from pre-pregnancy weight, which means another 2 pound gain this week. Can I be honest here? This bums me out a little because I was hoping to keep the total weight gain to 20 pounds this pregnancy...which is probably not going to happen at this point with 8ish weeks left. I think I may have been able to have done it if I were still able to exercise...not being supposed to exercise is really frustrating to me for a number of different reasons. But, I'm trying to remind myself that at this same point in pregnancy with Lizzy, I'd already gained 28 pounds. So, I suppose a 10 pound difference is nothing to completely discount either.

Symptoms: Heartburn again. Also, once this week while I was out grocery shopping, I suddenly lost my peripheral vision and got all sweaty and clammy. My vision used to get wonky like that before I had migraines, but I only had a little headache afterwards, so I'm not sure it was that. My OB said that he's not too worried at this point because my blood pressure is good, all my blood counts are good, etc. Could have been low blood sugar, could have been some sort of vascular response, could have been a number of things, and as long as it's not happening regularly, he's not too concerned. But again, I'm supposed to be taking it easy.

Exercise: Nope. And I'm really trying to be good about striking a balance between doing things and resting. Seriously, our house is a dis-as-ter. And I have a really hard time relaxing until at least the visual clutter is taken care of. Plus, there may be a bit of nesting going on. So, I've been trying to clean for 30 minutes, sit down and rest for 30 minutes. It drives me batty, and I'm kinda looking forward to the 36 or 37 week point where I'm given the green light to do whatever I want again since contractions won't be a worry.

Clothes: Yep, maternity.

Cravings/Aversions: This week, I've wanted sweets. Lots of sweets.

Movement: Yep :)

Worries: I'm hoping to get a TON done from our "To Do Before Baby #2" list this weekend. Almost every weekend in October is booked, so I feel like this is kind of our last hurrah for some of that stuff.

Milestones: She should be moving into the head-down position. We'll see in two weeks at our final ultrasound if that's the case. We'll also get to see if she has hair--at this point, Lizzy had a total mohawk that we could see during the ultrasound!

What's Different This Time: I already talked about it! 

Best moment of the week:Yesterday afternoon was sweet--my sister in law Karla heard that I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon, and asked if she could take Lizzy after Mom's Group to go for a hike with her and Justin's dad so that I could go to the appointment solo. I even had enough time to meet my sister for a quick bento date. It was kinda nice!

2 comments:

  1. I just cannot get over how great you look, Meredith. I know I say it every week, but seriously!! Regardless of what you've gained, you are carrying so well and I think you will have a far easier time losing it this time around simply because of the shape you are in. Getting close, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Continued prayers and blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.