Friday, February 18, 2011

Letter to Lizzy- Thirteen Months

IMG_5209

Dear Lizzy,

What a big, opinionated girl you are now! In fact, I think "opinionated" is the word of the month--you know exactly what you want, and often get frustrated when you can't express yourself, or when I just don't let you have what you want. For example, yesterday, you threw a 35 minute tantrum (complete with head banging on the floor) when I wouldn't let you have a third banana for lunch.

It's hard for me sometimes, because if you don't get exactly what you want when you want it, you lash out--hitting, biting, and scratching. I have to keep reminding myself that this behavior is a normal developmental stage for babies your age. Some days though, I get really flustered and upset. And then, out of nowhere, you'll come and give me a snuggle or a kiss, and my heart just melts. I treasure those snuggles, hugs, and kisses.

IMG_5259

Recently, you've started to do well with feeding yourself. I think you may get almost as much in your stomach as you do on the top of your head. 

IMG_5219

You've always loved music, but this month, you've started dancing and sometimes singing along, which is just adorable. Your favorite songs right now are Baby Beluga, the ABC song (every once in a while I hear you singing AHH BAAAA CEEEE!), Skidamarink, and Ooh Eee Ooh Ah Ah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang. When you dance, you like to spin in circles, and also go into a deep squat and bounce like you're "getting low"...I have no idea where you learned or even saw that, but it's hilarious. 

IMG_5291

You've also started to actually cover your eyes when we're playing peek-a-boo, as well as to run and hide behind things. Sometimes, one of us will chase you, and you'll run (yes, RUN) to the other to be "saved". Sometimes, you like to pretend that our cat is "getting you" and run away from her while laughing hysterically. 

IMG_5254

When Dad was out of town for work for a week, you got to talk to him on the phone every night. Since then, you love to pretend to call your cousins on the phone. You hold it up to your ear and just babble to them. You really do a lot of talking just in general, and you tend to put the same consonant and vowel sounds together in the same sequences. I have do doubt that you are talking and know exactly what you're saying...I just can't interpret it quite yet.

IMG_5308

Even though this month has been pretty difficult (in addition to the testing limits behavioral stage, you were also sick for the first time AND got several molars), your dad and I love you beyond measure, and nothing...NOTHING...will ever change that.

IMG_5277

For Ever and For Always,

Mom



7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful photos Mer! I adore the picture of her on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I feel like I say it all the time, but she's getting so BIG. :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick for the FIRST TIME? Although I'm sad she was sick, i'm jealous it was the first time! gahhh...we've dealt with a crazy amount of sickness :/

    ps: love the phone pic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a spunky girl! I love how long her hair is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that last pic... does her hair have a tint of red?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweet Lizzy girl! I cannot wait to give you hugs and kisses in a couple of months! She has grown so much since I saw her in August :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.