Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Photo Snippets

On Saturday, Justin finally got back from being out of town for a week. I survived, but just barely. Basically, I think I averaged 3-4 hours of sleep a night the entire week he was gone. Not gonna lie, it was hard, mostly because Lizzy was sick, and I ended up holding her basically 20 hours a day.

Also, I obviously wasn't able to get a good run in since I was holding Lizzy 24/7. I didn't get to run yesterday either because I literally had the worst migraine I've ever had in my life, and I'm really hoping I'm not getting this bug that's going around. I'm kind of freaking out about not really having run in a week. I'm already feeling like I've been on Week 6 of C25k forever, and now I might have to repeat it again. Ugh. I know it doesn't matter if I repeat a week, I just want to actually finish this thing for once. Anyway...

IMG_4718
Lisa, this photo is for you. Check out this onesie!!! Giraffe + Hippo forevah! I know, it's probably actually a zebra, but I have decided that it's a giraffe, and that's that. The end.

On Friday, she finally felt a little better, and did NOT want me to hold her at all. However, she DID want me to sit right next to her all day, and flipped out if I even walked into the kitchen. I took the opportunity to start knitting a baby blanket for a friend. I used size 50 needles and three strands of yarn, and it knitted up in just three or four hours.

IMG_4709

Justin luckily made it home just in time for his band's big benefit concert for a local food bank. I got to practice taking concert photos, which I think is one of the trickier types of photography--you're dealing with very low light, then usually moving colored lights, moving subjects (in very low light) and other funky stuff.

IMG_4726

I shot exclusively with my nifty fifty lens, because it's the fastest lens I have, and I was pretty pleased. I wanted more of a portrait-style than the whole band shots because of the venue, and I thought it worked out pretty well.

IMG_4794

IMG_4772_2

IMG_4799

IMG_4793_2

It was a really fun concert, and we raised enough to fund the food pantry for a month! Not too shabby!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a tough week, but I'm so glad that you and Lizzy survived it and that Justin is home now. Great shots of the band. And Lizzy is SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for husband being home - great shots of his concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concert photos turned out great! Love that black and white one a few pics down. And yay for husbands being home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are, of course, an epic photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very sorry to hear that you had an equally rough week. :(

    Love that shot of Lizzy though! She's so cute.

    Great work with the band's photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tough week! So sorry that Lizzy was sick. Hope she is feeling much better and less like a leech to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.