Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Thoughts


{one}
Thanks to Ryan and Renee, Justin and I got to go to a belated Valentine's Dinner date last night! I don't think we've been on a date since before Christmas, so it was much needed. We went to Red Robin thanks to a gift card, where I had a delicious vojito. Oh yes, you read that right...a mojito, but made with vodka instead. And since vodka is by far my favorite category of alcoholic beverages, it was obviously quite good. Had I not been so budget (or calorie) conscious, I may have had three of them.

After that, we went to Costco to pick up some produce. What? Your dates don't end in the Costco produce isle with your husband making dirty jokes about it being the re-produce isle? Oh.

Also, I'm not sure what's going on there, but I look puffy and just weird in that photo. I don't know about you, but a bad photo can really get me started with negative self-talk, so I snapped another photo this morning to convince myself that it wasn't just me--sometimes there are just bad photos and bad angles.


{two}
We weren't able to go on a date on Valentine's Day because Justin and I were presenting to the church council about the importance of our church website and how we've really grown beyond our current website and need something that more accurately represents who we are and what we do. Happily, we were given the green light to move forward with that, and I'm finding it so easy for me to disappear into graphic design for hours on end. I haven't done much in terms of graphic design beyond this blog in quite awhile, so it's kind of fun to re-visit logo making and all that good stuff.

{three}
This morning at Mom's Group, Lindsay from Earth Monkey Moms came to talk to our group about her experience as being the recipient of a home from Extreme Home Makeover. I was so blessed and uplifted by how real and honest she was with us--she talked about how receiving the home was a huge blessing, but that afterwards she had to deal with some tough stuff as well. She talked about going through a pretty awful experience personally while being in a pretty public setting. I don't know much about Lindsay's own internal reaction in that, but I can only imagine that for myself, I would have probably felt a huge amount of pressure to put on a happy face and continue talking about how wonderful and blessed we were, even though inside I was devastated. In addition to her overall message about growing into who God designed us to be (and having the freedom to say "no" to things that don't fulfill that purpose), it was also such a good reminder to me that sometimes we may see a person publicly--up on a stage, on tv, on a blog, or even someone in our own circle of friends--but still not really have any idea what they're going through privately. It was a good reminder for me to treat everyone as if they're in the middle of one of the worst days of their lives, because they very well may be.

{four}
Lizzy's new favorite song is "Little Bunny Foo Foo", and it is seriously the CUTEST THING EVER to hear her try to sing along to it. At the very end, they say "The moral of the story is hare today, goon tomorrow!" and she laughs hysterically every time even though she has absolutely no clue what they're saying. I love it.

{five}
We filed our taxes today. WOO HOO!

{six}
I made this for dinner the other night, and it was delicioso!



Also linking up with:

8 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Lindsay had a lot of negative reactions to her EMHE episode/ordeal, so I'm sorry she's been having to deal with that. I can't imagine being gifted with such a huge blessing and such a huge PR curse at the same time.

    YAY for your church giving you the green light for the website! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the date, and I'm so excited that you got the green light for your website revamp.

    Also, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you that you don't look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and yes, there are always bad angles, but you Mere are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so long! I laughed out loud at the re-product aisle. Husbands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Se ve verdaderamente Delicioso!! Parece Riquisimo!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I forgot to say.. YOU LOOK GOOD GIRL! what have you done... you have a different gloom on that early morning pic.
    By the Way once you're done with the church's web site share the looks with us... I love anything related to digital design, but I am pretty amateur... just like your viedo linky said I'm one of the proud Picasa and Picnik users... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely bad angles. The Vday pic of me with both boys was a bad bad bad pic, so I flipped the flash on and made myself feel better. :)

    Love Justin's humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe looks yummy!! Congrats on getting a go on your church website!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.