Friday, August 31, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 29 Weeks

29 weeks
Here's a funny side note--I tried new lip stuff today. 
I feel like it is NEON PINK in person, but I don't think it looks all that crazy in the photo.
Perhaps a good reminder that what might seem crazy-over-the-top to me probably doesn't look that way to anyone else, ha!

Compared to 29 weeks with Lizzy:


How far along: 29 weeks.

Size of baby: An acorn squash (The Bump) or a butternut squash (Baby Center).  In other words, about 15.2-16.7 inches inches and 2.5-3.8 pounds.

Weight Gain: +10ish pounds total, from pre-pregnancy weight. I'm still a few pounds under the weight that I was "stuck" at for months after Lizzy was born, so that's encouraging!

Symptoms: Still really bad heartburn (it'll be interesting to see if this kiddo has hair like Lizzy did!). Other than that, I have noticed that I've been having fewer Braxton Hicks contractions since implementing pajama day last week. I'm sure that also had to do with the fact that there were only two baseball/softball games this week and they weren't back to back--we were actually HOME Tuesday and Wednesday nights! I'm excited to have FOUR days off in a row over the holiday weekend! That said, I'm still feeling some pressure/soreness going on...almost like I'm saddle sore. It'll be interesting to see if this kiddo is head-down already.

Exercise: Not right now. I may try to phase it in slowly over this next week, as long as I'm getting plenty of rest too.

Clothes: Mostly maternity. Also, I realized the other day that the maternity jeans I'm wearing this time around are a full size smaller than the ones I wore last time around :) I may have to size up before the end, but still. {If you haven't noticed, I'm trying desperately to have a positive attitude that the postpartum recovery will be easier and faster this time around than last time}.

Cravings/Aversions: I could probably eat pizza every night!

Movement: Yep :)

Worries: Nothing major...just starting to get a little anxious that Justin will only have two more paychecks before the baby is born since he gets paid once a month on the last day of the month. I'm really hoping that our projected budgets match up with reality and that we're actually able to do what we're planning...that we don't blow the budget or have unexpected expenses come up.

Milestones: At this point, I think the baby is mostly just fattening up.

What's Different This Time:We still haven't even started cleaning out the room for the nursery. I'm hoping we might be able to get going on this over the weekend. I don't need it all finalized and finished, but I'd like to get rolling on a couple of things....like moving the dresser from the driveway into the actual room!

Also, we still haven't finalized a name! I think we're both in a little bit of denial that I'll be full-term in 8 weeks.

Best moment of the week: It's been a good week--pretty low key and lots of time at home! I'm really looking forward to spending some time on the lake this weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you look gorgeous, Mere!!

    Post partum WILL be easier this time around. You are in better shape and gaining less, and that affects both how quickly you will lose the weight and how easy it is to recovery in general. I remember how awful the first two weeks after lizzy were for you...I just don't think you'll have that experience this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just point out how fabulous your hair looks?! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks awesome!! Love that about pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me to the you look gorgeous bandwagon. The lip stuff doesn't look crazy in the photo at all and I LOVE your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FOR REAL your hair looks AWESOME and love the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lipstick looks GREAT on you! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so great! LOVE the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I PLEASE have your hair? (and I see everyone else loves it, too - haha) Seriously. You've got great hair, girlfriend. And you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You look fantastic. Very polished, the awesome lip product suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late to the party, but I agree that you look terrific. You *almost* make me want to be pregnant again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous! AND glowing! :) For me, it was easier the second time, even after a repeat C-section- so I will pray that it is easier for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look cute! & your hair looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! Getting closer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.