Dear My Long-Legged Lizzy Girl,
In a few days, you will officially be eight months old, which is absolutely ridiculous. At eight months, here's what you're up to:
- Crawling, pulling yourself to standing, and "Cruising" on furniture. Occasionally standing unassisted for a few minutes.
- Bouncing up and down when you're holding on to furniture.
- Saying "Mama", "Dada", "Hey", "A-Boo", and lots of other sounds.
- Playing Peek-A-Boo and "Getcha Getcha" (you LOVE being tickled)
- Sometimes waving hi or bye, but you turn your hand around and wave at yourself instead of whoever you're waving at.
- Eating. Lots. Right now, you especially love corn on the cob, pizza, and the Up & Up brand of white cheddar puffs.
- Not sleeping. Like, ever.
- You also constantly shake your head side to side, doing the motion for "no". I don't think you're actually saying "no" though, I think you just like how it feels.
- And, you have four teeth--your two bottom teeth, and your two eye teeth up top!
One thing that has really developed this month is your temper. In the above set of pictures, you'll notice some pretty intense crying photos. No, you hadn't hurt yourself--you were madder than a wet hen that I took my cell phone away from you. And a 15 minute tantrum ensued, complete with arm flailing, rolling around on the ground, and an occasional pause to make sure that I was still watching. Despite this behavior, I didn't really mind your tantrum, because shortly after you were done, you crawled into your Boppy pillow and fell asleep. I was shocked, because nothing like that has EVER happened. Most kids fall asleep in their highchair or jumperoo from time to time, but not you sweet girl. Normally, it is really, REALLY hard to get you to sleep--in fact, this morning at 3am, you were standing up in your crib and happily screaming, ready to play.
Another thing I've noticed this month is that you are really starting to ham it up (another similarity you have with your dad). If people are watching, there's nothing you love more than to let out a happy scream and make a silly, mischievous face.
Everyone is taking bets on how many more weeks it will be until you walk. While I wouldn't be surprised if you were walking by the end of the month, I kind of hope that you wait another month or so...because once you're walking, I think you're considered a "toddler", and I just want you to stay a baby for a little while longer!
Love forever and for always,