Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lovebirds

Awhile ago, my sister-in-law Renee asked what I thought about doing vintage style family portraits. She was thinking 1940's era (think The Notebook), and older. It's definitely not my usual style, but I was totally game! Renee and I had a fun time scouring Goodwill and thrift stores to look for different outfits, and decided to do the shoot yesterday.

One of the shots that Renee was hoping to get was a shot of her and Ryan sitting in a tree with a guitar. It was an awesome idea, and ended up being one of my favorite shots of the whole session!

VintageFam

Here's another shot that I thought was a lot of fun:

VintageFam2

My mom let us borrow one of my grandmother's hats for the session, and I LOVE the way it turned out! This session totally encouraged me to think creatively and outside the box...I'm so glad we did it!

7 comments:

  1. I love them! That is a great idea! So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone! They turned out awesome! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Those turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots are awesome...makes me want to do a session of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love these shots! what a great idea to add a little sass to the normal family portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these. Need to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...that first picture is soooo beautiful! What a fun idea for a photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo totally reminds me of old school Hollywood...great work Mer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.