Wednesday, October 17, 2012

All the Small Things

I know, I've been a bad blogger. I'm sorry. I'm just absolutely stinking exhausted, and who really wants to read about a pregnant lady complaining about how tired she is?

But I am. Between organizing the Harvest Fest at church with my sisters-in-law this past weekend (from which I am STILL physically sore), about 3 photo shoots in the span of a week (two left to go!), getting up early with a toddler who does.not.sleep (while Justin somehow ends up sleeping in nearly every weekend morning), and then just being 36 weeks pregnant and getting up almost once an hour at night...I'm just tired. And a little grumpy today.

And I feel frumpy. I want a haircut. And normal clothes. And a date night. And a steak dinner (seriously, I've been craving a good steak, sweet potato, and Roadhouse-style roll for weeks!) . And as bad as I feel for saying this, I kinda want it to rain today so that I can reschedule this afternoon's photo shoot and just sleep (not really, because it's not exactly a session that can be rescheduled, but a nap just sounds good in theory). And there is SO MUCH TO DO, and the fact that at my OB appointment on Monday I was already dilated, has reminded me that there is NOT MUCH TIME TO DO EVERYTHING I WANT TO GET DONE...even if this kiddo doesn't come for another 4 weeks.

See? No one really wants to read about that. It's obnoxious. Because really? Small things. All totally small in the grand scheme of things. And I absolutely know that, because there are great, awesome blessing things going on too...like a friend who gets to meet her baby today. Or, the fact that tonight after my photo shoot, we get to curl up on the couch and watch the episode of Bones that we recorded from Monday. Or, that even though Lizzy was up early this morning, she's been sitting on the couch snuggling and holding my feet while watching Imagination Movers (which has just about replaced Dora in this household lately) all while holding a baby doll and occasionally patting my belly. Or that yesterday, I got to have coffee and doughnuts with Kaitlin while our kiddos played surprisingly well together. Or the fact that we're being thrown a baby shower at church on Saturday (around here, showers are more like what a lot of y'all call "sprinkles" with lots of blankets and clothes, and are totally common for every kiddo), which is a tremendous blessing in and of itself!

Life is good, truly. I know that in my bones.

But also, right now? My bones are a little tired, ha!

9 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I know your pain, although I'm no longer pregnant, my 8 month old has slept 6-8 hour stretches approximately twice in her life. The rest of the time it's up 4-5 (at least) times a night. I feel you!
    Here's to curling up on the couch watching Bones! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I've had my share of organizing 'events' like that NOT pregnant and it's exhausting. So complain away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need to vent. Get it out there and it's not inside you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know that anxiety that comes with being bombarded with life. Especially with a new baby on the way! I am commanding you to schedule NO MORE photo shoots until this baby is at least 3 months old. I don't know about you but editing puts such a damper on my ability to relax at home. Even if I put in 6 hours that day, I still feel unsettled crawling on the couch and hanging with my family at the end of the day. You deserve some major relaxation, mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tired just reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tired just reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my the end is the worst! Just take an easy when/if you can and come back here tomorrow and let it out when you can't. Donuts and coffee with a girlfriend sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have every right to be exhausted. Oh man, those last few weeks are SO hard. Just everything hurts. Everything. Lay down. Eat something delicious. You have earned it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know that annoying my husband is sleeping in thing. Totally.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.