Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 34 weeks

34 weeks
34 weeks with kiddo #2
 (actually, this was yesterday at 33 weeks 6 days, but who's counting?)
 Compared to 34 weeks with Lizzy:


How far along: 34 weeks.

Size of baby: A butternut squash (?!) (The Bump) or a cantaloupe (Baby Center).  In other words, about 17-18 inches and 4-5 pounds.

Weight Gain:Still about the same at 18 pounds.Maybe a +1 of 19 pounds.

Symptoms: Heartburn. I'm not sleeping much, and my back is really sore. I had blood drawn for my thyroid again yesterday, but haven't heard the results yet obviously. Other than that, everything looked good at my appointment yesterday, even my blood pressure....which is a freaking MIRACLE because minutes before the appointment, Justin told me that he'd almost been electrocuted at work thanks to a power line locate that was apparently three feet off.

Exercise: Nope. I'll have the go-ahead to do whatever I want even if it causes contractions in about two weeks...so that's nice!  

Clothes: Yep, maternity. Happily, I found a few maternity pieces at a local second-hand store that I think will bridge the gap nicely for me!

Cravings/Aversions:Nothing in particular.

Movement: Yep :)

Worries:Nothing big. The OHSU thing worries me a little, but there's not really anything I can do about it either...

Milestones:During the ultrasound, we saw her open one eye, practice breathing, and wiggle all around!


What's Different This Time: Nothing really...at this point in pregnancy with Lizzy, they estimated that she was about 5 pounds and predicted a 7 pound baby. Sure enough, she was 7 pounds 3 oz. During the ultrasound yesterday they estimated that this kiddos is about 5 pounds as well, and on track to be a 7 pound baby. The only real difference is that by this time, we knew Lizzy had a full head of hair because we could totally see it in the ultrasound! This baby is head-down, facing my back, so we weren't able to really tell whether she's got hair or not yet...I guess we'll see!

Best moment of the week: Seeing the sweet little girl at the ultrasound yesterday. Also? Lizzy was just PRECIOUS during the whole thing...she kept saying, "Awwwww, that's my sweet little baby sister!"

8 comments:

  1. That ultrasound is just precious. I love that Lizzy loves her sister already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit!! I remember 34ish weeks being a peak for crappy symptoms for me. Backache, insomnia, and heartburn all lessened from here on out. Hope you have a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab!! And you are getting so close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mere! I LOVE that outfit on you. So cute. And my word, Lizzy during the ultrasound, to die for cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those 3D ultrasounds are always so creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Hang in there! All the discomfort you are feeling now will be forgotten the moment you hold that precious baby in your arms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.