Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Letter to Lizzy- You're Two!

Lizzy,

Today, you are officially two. Twenty-four months. Two YEARS old. We had family over for your second birthday party on Sunday afternoon, and you had a blast.

IMG_4876

IMG_4943

IMG_4951

Your dad and I got you a kid-sized baby grand piano as your gift. Even though it was exactly the price that we had budgeted, we really debated about whether or not to get it for you since you already have a number of BIG toys, but this photo totally justified our decision for me. You LOVE it, and it warms my heart to hear you sing Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star into the microphone at the top of your lungs!

IMG_4988

IMG_4975

IMG_4991

I remember not long after you were born thinking ahead and wondering what our life would be like when you were two. In some ways, it's just as I imagined--you are spunky, talkative, hilarious, and sometimes an exhausting hand-full. You love music and books. You hate sleep. You want to read the story of baby Jesus being born every single night, and want a banana for breakfast every single morning. You desperately want to go to school like your older cousins, and I have to tell you that we're going to "school" when I take you to Toddlers in the Library just to placate you. :)

In other ways, it's a little different--at first, I imagined that we'd have another little baby, or that I'd at least be pregnant by the time you were two. Even though that part of our life isn't as I had originally anticipated, I'm just so stinking happy with where we are now. So blessed. You are the best, sweetest, smartest, most beautiful little girl to your dad and I...and we can't wait to see who you become as you continue to grow. I know you're going to be amazing.

Love you forever and for always,
Mom

9 comments:

  1. happy birthday sweet lizzy!! that looked like a fun little party and I absolutely LOVE the gift you got her, she is a natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she's precious! Happy birthday to your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these photos! 2 already? Eesh! & I love how you match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Lizzy! I can't believe she is TWO! What a big girl.. the piano is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! The gift was worth every penny. I cant believe how grown up it makes her look sitting at the piano!

    I am so glad your surgery went well. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lizzy! I can't believe she's 2... which only means, yep, Jaxon will be 3 next month. Insanity!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the piano!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Lizzie girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Lizzy! I can not believe you are 2 already.
    it Looks like you had a great time. and that piano thingy? AWESOME!
    We want to see you playing it !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.