Friday, January 20, 2012

Lizzy's Spreading Rumors.

This morning, Lizzy saw me reading Katie's post about her sweet little baby #2. She pointed to Katie's belly and asked, "Baby in there?"

I told her yes, Katie has a baby in her belly.

"She married?" Lizzy asked. A few days ago, she asked me when she could have a baby in her belly, and I told her after she got married. Since then, she has been very interested in whether or not various people we know are married, and also who she could marry someday, and when.

"Yes baby, Katie is married."

"Oh. Sure!" Lizzy responded, and then went about playing while I finished up reading Katie's blog, leaving the longest comment ever, and then getting ready to take Lizzy to an assembly at church where the missionary that the school sponsors was coming to speak. Suddenly, I heard Lizzy screaming at the top of her lungs, "MY MAMA HAVING A BABY! YAY! LIZZY BIG SISTER! MY MAMA HAVING A BABY!"

My immediate thoughts were two-fold: (a) this is news to me, and (b) THIS should be really fun to explain over and over again at church...where my mother-in-law, father-in-law, and sister-in-law all work! Luckily, she quickly moved on to some other topic and the crisis was averted. But seriously...my kid is starting rumors here!

19 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha... seriously hilarious. And I'm constantly amazed at her vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just laughed out loud at work. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Haha, have fun clearing all that up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh ;) I've known people to keep their pregnancy news from their toddlers for this very reason. Just something to remember when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, maaaaybe she knows something you don't?

    So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm maybe she knows something you don't...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool that I wrote the same thing as Sarah haha, didn't read the comments first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute!!! I agree with Sar, maybe she does know something you don't :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the crisis was averted because nobody can understand these '"full sentences" you say your two year old is putting together. I find it hard to believe she is able to string sentences together with correct verb tense and modifiers without some heavy translation from you.

    These posts from moms claiming their kids are putting together complete paragraphs when in reality there are only a handful of discernible words are getting really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that if you have something negative to say you should just keep your big mouth shut especially if you are leaving your comment as anonymous. Furthermore, I don't believe that comments from Lizzy are to advanced for her to say. She is a pretty smart girl who has a couple pretty smart, well spoken parents. So if you are going to leave stupid and uneducated comments anonymously, then don't comment. End of story, goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahahaha, high five to Justin! But seriously, some kids are quick speakers, and some are slower, everyone's different. No need to get your granny panties all twisted over it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You used 'to' instead of 'too'. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is adorable! And I have heard that sometimes children know their moms are pregnant before they even realize! Also, it is obvious that Lizzy is very intelligent and well spoken for her young age. As a previous commenter stated, some children just progress more rapidly in certain areas. I personally love reading about Lizzy and her adorable phrases :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. As an educator, with a Master's degree in early childhood education I can share that there are different levels of understanding and expression among children. As Lizzy's aunt, I was astonished to hear the level of understanding and vocabulary that she has had this past year. Her communication skills far exceed her age and this can be contributed to the way her parents speak to her, read to her, and listen to her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I shorely am sory that eye had a tiepo. I shore didnt meen two upset u. will u evir firgive me???

    Thees kat fites argh fun but i gots more emportint things too doo. Maebe we kan pic this up sum other tyme?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous,
    You're lame. Get a life.
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. So funny that this all spiraled around my blog post. OOPS :P And just laughing at Justin's response to anonymous. Hahaha. Oh boy. Fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.