Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts


-Last night, after Lizzy finally went to sleep, I curled up with coffee spiked with whipped cream vodka and marshmallows, and watched Top Chef with Justin. I love that Justin watches Top Chef with me, even though it probably isn't in his top 5 list of favorite shows as it is mine. It was an excellent end to a crappy day.

-If you're wondering (and I'm sure you're not), my Top 5 List of Favorite TV Shows are as follows:
(1) Bones, (2) Top Chef, (3) The Closer, (4) Parenthood, (5) Fringe.

-I also now have the three major walls painted in the living room, which means the top of my agenda for today is putting everything BACK where it needs to go. The fourth wall and hallway (along with the floating shelves and such) will have to wait until Justin gets paid again, or possibly our tax return, but I'm okay with that.

-The other day, my sister-in-law Renee was over. Lizzy is very excited that Renee is pregnant and kept pointing to her belly and saying "Baby!" Renee asked Lizzy if she had a baby in her belly, and Lizzy very sternly said, "NO! Married first!" Yes, Lizzy, that is exactly right.

- Speaking of our tax return, we're hoping to use most of the money to put grass in the backyard, as well as to landscape the front a bit, and I'm excited. We have almost a quarter acre, but the backyard has been star thistle and GROSS since we moved in. We'll have to bring in dirt, and it will be a BIG project, but I am so excited at the thought of being able to play outside, in a fenced yard with my sweet girl this summer! I'm also excited about the different things we can do in the front! Of course, some major expense always seems to come up around tax time, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much...but that might be a lost cause.

-I made a version of this for dinner a few nights ago, and it was delicious. I'd never eaten orzo before! My version had tomatoes, spinach, chicken, black olives, and I meant to have feta, but apparently I was supposed to use my feta cheese by October 2011, so I nixed that idea and added some very finely grated cheddar instead.


-We've been getting up to do Insanity before Justin goes to work in the mornings. Usually, that means about 6am, but today it meant 5am...groan. Blech. Although, it is nice to be done working out, and sometimes done with Bible Study before Lizzy even wakes up (which fits in nicely with the Hello Mornings challenge that I'm doing and HIGHLY recommend! It's not a fun, easy, or enjoyable thing for me, but it does help me get more done!). I really need to take some before pictures for Insanity, but we're already four days in. Whoops.

-My real-life friend Maren is selling Valentine's Day Cards. They are super cute, AND she'll mail them for you. If you are in need, check her out!


Link up with Sar at Life of Love

Also linking up to:

7 comments:

  1. I've never watched Top Chef. I bet I'd like it.

    I love Lizzy's SMART response to being married first! Smart cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing cures a bad day like vodka and whipped cream. ;) Hope today is significantly better. Good luck putting your house back together!

    Your orzo salad makes me want to eat my computer screen. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of that whipped cream vodka and never thought of putting it in my coffee...may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE Parenthood and my husband loves Fringe, I haven't watched it but from what I've seen I'm not sure I'd like it.

    The salad looks amazing and YAY for tax returns :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That orzo salad looks SO good! I haven't had orzo in years! I'm going to try this on David. And thank you for the plug! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect way to end that day!!

    That orzo looks amazing! Oh man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I tried that salad, added just a touch of lime juice to it, and used tofu instead of chicken -- it's SO good!! Definitely going to make this more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.