Friday, May 1, 2009

C25K Update

Um yeah, my knee feels like it's on fire. Even now that I've been done for almost 2 hours. The kneecap and back of the knee hurt like heck. I've heard those are signs of runner's knee, but I'm not sure that I'm running enough to qualify for runner's knee quite yet!

Maybe I just need new shoes? I'm not sure that they've been replaced since freshman year in college. What say you running gurus?

PS-- There's a chance that I may be able to acquire a treadmil. I'm not sure if I'd actually use it at home though, nor am I sure that we have ROOM for it at home. Hey Renee, wanna store it for us for awhile? You can use it all you want in the meantime!

Also, I haven't been able to eat anything other than an orange today. Now, it feels like it's too late, or I won't be hungry for dinner...boo.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're knee isn't doing well. I would definitely look into getting some new shoes. Try a local running store so they can analyze the way you run and recommend something specifically for you. The right shoes make a HUGE difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go look at new running shoes NOW! haha. And ditto pp who said go to a running store. You might pay more than you like but you should be able to tell a huge difference. Also make sure the store has a return policy that lets you try them out for awhile and exchange them for something else if they don't work out.

    Also make sure you are stretching. I am not sure if they pain you are having is like bone, tendon, or muscle pain. It may be your IT band. It could be a number of things. Give this video (http://www.yogaisyummy.net/?page_id=629) a try. It's influenced by yoga but could really help with any alignment issues and tightness you might have. Also, have you tried ice and/or heat?

    If you have any other questions just let me know. I suffer from knee pain so I can totally sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get to a running store, lady! Choose a local non-big box store and they'll have better shoes and staff that knows how to fit you for them. They usually have pretty generous return policies too. That should make a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry about your knee. You seem to have a lot of trouble with your knee- have you gone to a doctor? Tried lower impact sports? I know you spin, but maybe swimming might be better. I don't know- but I have suffered from chronic knee pain (JRA) so I know how much it can hurt and I would hate to see you "push through the pain" only to be damaging your knee further. you are too young!

    Best of luck to you dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.