Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seriously?

Seriously girls (and guy). The nurse lady came today to do the life insurance check up, and of course...part of it included getting on the scale. And let me tell you...I am right back up to the weight that I was when I was at that awful doctor's appointment. I'm not giving out exact weight, but I will tell you that my BMI is 28.7, which is in the high range of "Overweight". It's depressing. Especially since I've been eating well and exercising almost every damn day.

How is it that I'm eating better and working out more than I ever have before, and I'm actually GAINING weight rather than losing it? I don't mean to wine, but this is just not fair. For God sakes, I'm RUNNING, and not seeing a change. I keep telling myself not to focus too much on the scale, but it's HARD to not see results. At all. It's depressing.

PS- I asked to leave work at noon tomorrow. I'm excited for a "mini vacation". Since I have Monday off too, it will be wonderful. I'll hit up the gym and then head home and CLEAN, so that this weekend I can just relax.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I know how you feel! But know that muscle weighs more than fat, so quite possibly you are turning some of the "fat" into muscle.... :-) Sometimes there's a plateau as well, where you can't lose anymore weight for a while unless you change something you are doing, do a different exercise, eat less rather than just better...

    I'm in the same boat you are, so we can do it! :-) Keep your head up and I'm sure you'll see results soon! Have a fantastic long extended weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the weight gain. I wonder why. I hope you enjoy your nice mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the middle of the same problem. I have been working out & eating healthy for 7 weeks now, but I am the SAME FREAKING WEIGHT.

    If you don't eat enough, your body freaks out & tries to hold onto everything, resulting in a weight gain. I've tried upping my calories, but haven't seen any results yet.

    It is so frustrating to be working out and eating well without seeing results (and seeing negative results if any).

    I wish I had some advice for you (or me!). I am actually going to check with the dr I think, to make sure that there is nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry the scale is not working in your favor. I know this is easier said than done (i'm very guilty), but don't stress about the numbers. All that matters is whether or not you FEEL better about yourself, and you are noticing changes. It can take a long time to notice a decrease in the scale, so keep up the good work and try not to get too down about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.