Monday, May 11, 2009

Easy Chicken Curry

Tonight, I did an easy Crock Pot recipe for the band dinner. I was a little nervous because a) I've never cooked chicken curry before, let alone in the crock pot and b) I know that the band as a whole doesn't love chicken and aren't particularly adventurous eaters. However, I knew that this particular curry recipe wasn't quite as hot as some recipes, and it seemed SO easy, so I gave it a try. I think that I came across it on the Kraft Foods website, but I'm not sure.

Crock Pot Chicken Curry
About 2 lbs of chicken breast, cubed
One can of chunky salsa (I used Taco Bell Thick and Chunky)
One medium onion, diced
One cup fat free sour cream
2 tbsp (or more) curry powder
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock

Add the chicken to the crock pot, and pour the salsa and chicken stock over the chicken. Toss the onion in there as well. Take the curry powder, and heat it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds (heat only what you plan to use). Heating spices refreshes their flavor, especially if they're older spices. Add the curry powder as well. Cook in the crock pot for 8-10 hours on low, or 5 hours on high. Just before serving, stir in the cup of sour cream until it's well blended.

I served the curry chicken over brown rice, and really enjoyed the flavor. It had a nice curry taste and a bit of kick, but wasn't too hot. If you LIKE hot, you should try the Madras Curry powder with chillis!

3 comments:

  1. It was great. . .thank you mere. I think I would of liked it more hot which is surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! Do you have any recipes for beef roasts in the crock pot? I want to try something different this time around, but can't find anything in my cookbooks! Any ideas!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.