Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm ready for a vacation.

Seriously folks, I need a mini vacation. Three days--one day of lounging around, one day of cleaning the house top-to-bottom, and one more day of lounging around. I have almost 100 hours of paid time off saved up...I should just do it, but I just don't know. Even though this is FAR down the line, a part of me wants to save up the maximum since my office doesn't offer paid maternity leave...we're expected to use PTO for that. Besides, I'll be getting a bit of a vacation in August (5 days off)...can I hold off til then? Will my sanity stay in check?

Starting in June, I'm bumping up hours, now working 8:30-3:30 every day, instead of my usual longer Tuesday-Friday days. Part of me is seriously going to miss having a 3 day weekend every week. I'm trying to remind myself that this is a BLESSING because I'll be bringing in some more much needed money, AND I'll be home early enough to cook dinner every night. But, I can't help but feel like other things (i.e. keeping our house clean) are going to fall to pieces. I can hardly maintain it right now, even with sweet Justin's help. Yeah, we have NO clean glasses or forks right now. Why? Because I haven't done the dishes all week. We haven't been home.

If nothing else, I think I want to declare this Saturday "Go NO WHERE" day. Except for maybe Dairy Queen.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you need a vacation. Just take it- when you get preggers you will have 9 months to earn it all back up. right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ethan, and won't even begin to detail Norwegian paternity laws because I think you will pull your hair out or jump off the roof or something. I think a trip to Dairy Queen can do more good than intended... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.