Sunday, May 10, 2009

My garden doesn't grow.

Folks,I'm pretty darn close to giving up on gardening. Since it doesn't look like we'll have our land tilled soon enough to plant a garden, I went ahead and transferred the plants from the packages they came in into bigger pots. I followed all the transplanting instructions, and today, the damn plants are looking terrible! They're all droopy, even though they're staked. How is that even possible? I'm wondering if I didn't water the plants enough after transplanting. I suppose that because they're in significantly bigger pots, there's significantly more dirt, which necessitates significantly more water. I thought I gave them plenty, but I went out today, and the dirt was already hard as a rock.

Hopefully I didn't already kill the little darlings and they'll be looking good as new in the morning! Really though, this is so frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. I have to water mine all the time because they're in pots. One of the big tomato plants is in a smaller pot and it requires a TON of water it seems. The 2 big tomatoes and the cucumber plants are all droopy by the time I get home. It's also been really hot out (upper 90s) this whole week. I give all of mine a good drenching every night before I go to bed. I think I'm going to change to the morning though because of the heat. I rather them have a little more water throughout the day and hopefully they won't get the mid afternoon droop. GL with yours. Hopefully they'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you- I am having a hard time too. I don't think I have ever grown anything from seed successfully yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.