Monday, May 25, 2009

Snippets

-I totally gave up on Persuasion. As much as I would love to love Jane Austen, I just don't. I'm now reading one of my used book store finds, which is good so far. I've also been casually reading Anna Karenina, which is more tolerable this time around, but I keep leaving the book places, and I'm not sure where it is right now.

-It's awfully ironic that after raving about my sunscreen for the first time ever, I actually got a little sunburnt for the first time. But only on my boobs, which are now bright red.

-Poor Justin has been trying all weekend to till our yard so that we can seed with grass. He borrowed two different tillers from two different people, and neither one seems to be working. He broke the pull-start cords on BOTH tillers. I wish we were rich enough to have just gone with sod! I don't even want to THINK about the disaster that is our back yard.

-I am exhausted. Even though it was a fairly restful weekend full of lots of little naps, I could still hit the sack by 8pm tonight!

-The little things are not going my way today--I had to wait in the Redbox line for HALF AN HOUR to return Justin's Underworld movie. I filled the lasagna pan too full and now it's bubbling over and smelling burnt, AND I forgot the french bread to go with the lasagna. I could run to the store and get some, but I am just TOO TIRED.

5 comments:

  1. I feel that way about pretty much all pre-WWI English-language literature. Except Shakespeare, I guess. Seriously, they just jabber jabber jabbered back in the day. The Brontes are just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that your post was mostly about frustration but I just want to do a little hip hip hooray for RedBox----seriously one of the best ideas ever! Lars and I definitely took advantage of that one last summer when he visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beginning to think sunscreen no longer works... I lathered myself up yesterday and still as red as a lobster! Pure craziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful to have a husband who has a freakishly weird obsession with anything that has to do with our yard. It's hard work and I'm glad he likes it! I remember when we tilled up our rocky yard- I just stayed inside and watched him do it all weekend, thankful that I didn't have to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On Sunday I went in the sun for an hour at 3pm and I got sun burnt. OK, I wasn't wearing sun lotion, but its the UK and we are in May...craziness...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.