Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Update (w/ Photos)

Despite having a killer headache all weekend, it was a GOOD weekend. The weekend started off with us discovering that J had received a whole dollar raise, which is hopefully a sign that the plumbing business is picking back up again (no one received raises for almost a year when the economy was tanking). Then, later Friday night I headed off to a bachelorette party for my sister-in-law Karla, who will be getting married August 1st of this year. Thankfully, it wasn't your typical bachelorette party, but was a progressive dinner instead, which rocked the house.

Saturday evening we headed up to Portland to meet up with Sara, Byron, and Carolina. It was totally worth the drive to see them all. Caro wasn't too sure what she thought about us at first...

Her mamma calls her Ms. Drama Pants...I think we looked at her wrong to produce this tear fest.But eventually Caro and I came to an understanding. Here's Sara, making a totally Sara face.
When we got back home, we stopped to get the mail and were excited to see that J had received his letter of acceptance to the list for the plumbing apprenticeship program. Have I explained what a mess that whole situation is? Well, it's a huge mess...basically the plumbers are ranked onto a list. Any time a plumbing company needs an apprentice, they have to pick from the top 3 on the list. If they don't like the Top 3, they have to wait until the list changes. So, it's possible that J could end up working for a totally different company than he's been working for over the past 3 years. We hope not...we like the company that he works for. Anyway, we were expecting him to score pretty low on the list since he didn't take welding or anything like that in school, but he actually is number 7! Go J!

On another note, after seeing the above pictures, I'm becoming more and more convinced that a) I need a tan, and b) it's time to go in and see what they can do to my dang hair...it is just scraggly and gross right now! Next weekend will be a BUSY weekend (J's younger sister graduates from high school this week), so I'm not sure when and if I'll be able to fit that in, but I NEED to!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a headache this weekend :( But Carolina is so cute! Even when she is crying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crocodile tears are amazing. You got some great shots of her. You take great portraits of kiddos.

    Sorry to hear about the headache. ick. But you do have some good news! Congratulations!

    (Don't worry about your hair and skin- you don't live in Mexico, you know! I am resigned myself to being white. I have decided white is better than skin cancer. oh well.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the help with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really jealous, Caro is adorable, so is Sara and man oh man would I love to have a little one curled up on my chest right now. I miss the youngins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, cute baby.

    So then... how's this list work? Once a company picks one of the top three, does everyone below move up and so on? Madness.

    (Maybe not really madness.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.