Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where to Get Glasses--CHEAP

I read an article in a magazine not too long ago that referenced Zenni Optical as a good place to get inexpensive prescription glasses. Most of their glasses are either $8.95 or $12.95 for the frames. There's no additional charge for the lenses, unless you want anti-reflective coating or tinted lenses (I think both are $4). This site was perfect for me because my prescription has expired, but I also know that it hasn't changed enough to make me want to shell out to visit the eye doctor when it isn't covered by my insurance. I ordered these glasses in white with full-tinted lenses to use as prescription sunglasses this summer. Who can beat the price?



The only major downside is that it literally took about 3 weeks for my glasses to arrive, and there's no option to select expedited shipping. I also thought it was odd that they don't give you any tracking number or time estimate when you place your order--I didn't receive a tracking number emailed to me until AFTER I had actually received the glasses!

It was also a little bit hard not being able to try on the glasses before purchasing them. The sunglasses aren't quite the shape I thought they'd be, and aren't the most flattering shape for my face, but honestly...I don't care. It's really nice to be able to see while I drive, and that's the most important!

Really, the place that I think this website is exceptionally helpful is with kids' glasses--they have a great selection of frames, and although most of the kids' frames are in the $20 range, that still sure beats the $100's I know would be spent buying through the eye doctor.

1 comment:

  1. I bet they look good! Wouldn't be opposed to seeing a pic with them on! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.