Sunday, January 2, 2011

What I Read In 2010

I didn't do too bad in terms of reading last year (it sounds so weird referring to 2010 as "last year")...much better than I thought I would with a newborn in the house! I am also happy to report that some of the books I read were really amazing. My recommendations are in bold...here's hoping y'all find a book or two that you love from the list!

#1- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
#2- The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve
#3- The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart
#4- The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
#5- Talk Before Sleep By Elizabeth Berg
#6- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover
#7- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
#8- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
#9-Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon
#10- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
#11- The Next Thing On My List by Jill Smolinski
#12- Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott
#13- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
#14- The Girls by Lori Lansens
#15-Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
#16- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
#17- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
#18- A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve
#19- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
#20 The Host by Stephenie Meyer
#21- Never Tell Our Business to Strangers: A Memoir by Jennifer Mascia
#22- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
#23- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
#24- The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
#25- Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon
#26- Hector and the Search For Happiness by Fracois Lelord

5 comments:

  1. I've had "The Pilot's Wife" on my bookshelf for over 2 years and never got around to reading it! I just set it aside to read ASAP! (I honestly have not read a book- for me- since Noah was born... it's pathetic.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stoked you bolded "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." Just about to start reading that. Oh, and I too adored the help. Are you going to see the movie when it comes out this Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great year! I agree on not bolding Catching Fire or Mockingjay. While I liked Hunger Games, I've not been enjoying the sequels much at all. The only one you liked that I didn't is Her Fearful Symmetry. I wanted so much to like it, but was disappointed :(

    So what books do you hope to read this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a lot of these and I think we have similar taste! Hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 26 books! wow I only managed to finish 4... I started 6 others but didn't make it through them. Go you!

    I love John Irving, and A Prayer gor Owen Meany is one of my favorites.

    Outlander is still on my Amazon list... I am aiming to read more this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.