Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

This book was, without question, one of my favorite books I've read in the past 5 years--in fact, I probably need to read it again, as it's been almost 5 years since I've read it. Anyway. As most of you probably know, the movie version of My Sister's Keeper is coming out this summer. What you may not know, is that they totally changed the ending in the movie! Many people, including the author, are not too thrilled, because the ending is really the most important and touching parts of the whole novel.

So, if you have any interest in seeing the movie, I would really recommend reading the book first...I think it's always much better to have the book ruin the movie than to have the movie ruin the book. And truly, it's a fantastic book.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I had not heard they changed the ending...it was a very important part of the story. Now, I think I will have to see it just to see the new ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of her stuff before but I recently picked up The Pact. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.