Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wedded Wednesday: Love and Care for Each Other


Wedded Wednesday is a collaboration
of married bloggers sharing their inspirations,
anecdotes, struggles and thoughts regarding
the amazing union of two separate people, as one.
Head over to Marital-Bless to see more Wedded Wednesday posts!


In my hometown, there was an elementary school teacher, who was also a football coach. He was loved by almost everyone who had him in school, and even most of the kids who didn't. He had battled with cancer for quite awhile, but always seemed to pull through and go into remission. While my brother was on the football team, the cancer came back, and spread quickly. The boys made it to state that year, but the coach couldn't attend because he had to be hospitalized. Somehow, it was arranged for him to get a live video feed of the game to his hospital room, and he helped coach the game via phone. Everyone knew that he didn't have much longer to live. I wish that I would have been there to hear his pre-game talk--I've heard that it was incredible. One of the things that the coach was famous for saying, and told the boys that day before he passed away was to "Love and care for each other." It's such a simple thing, isn't it? But it's also the most important thing.

That statement has kind of taken on a life of it's own in my little town. All of the football shirts being sold through the booster club now have that quote on the back of them--and it really is quite something to look down into the stands and to see hundreds of backs that all bear that gentle reminder. For me, it's a good reminder in my marriage to stop, and think about that sentiment--are my words and actions loving and caring? Does Justin feel loved and cared for?

So for today, take a minute to think about that simple command--to love and care for each other. How will you show that you love and care for others today?

2 comments:

  1. I think that you're such a great loving, care wife. Justin is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Brandon is in the field and I literally haven't seen his face in 2 days, besides a kiss goodnight and a kiss goodbye, I am showing my care and love today by cleaning the house and taking the best care of Brayden. Oh, and praying for no rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.