Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet

Over the weekend, Justin presented me with this:

 It's okay, you can snicker a little bit. We did, 'cause it definitely looks like poop. 
But it's not. Instead, was Justin's first attempt at chocolate covered strawberries. 

This is a little known fact about Justin--he secretly loves to make cookies, brownies, and basically anything sweet. His mom says that he has loved it since he was little, and that he was always the MASTER helper when it came to making Christmas cookies. 

Like me, Justin doesn't always follow a recipe. 
However, when it comes to baking, sometimes it's a little more crucial to get your proportions right 
{hey, why do you think the cheftestants on Top Chef who gets stuck making dessert always loses?!}

And unfortunately, this creation fell prey to the no-recipe curse. See, Justin hadn't ever melted chocolate chips before...so he stuck a bag of them and a bit of butter directly on the stovetop. 
And pretty soon, I could smell chocolate burning. But Justin had explicitly ordered me out of the kitchen under all circumstances...so, I stayed put and let him do his thang. 

In the end, my sweet, wonderful husband dipped the strawberries into the burnt chocolate anyway. 
And of course, I ate one. 
Because the gesture was so, so sweet. 
{And let's be honest...he's probably choked down a bad creation of mine or two}

Strawberries with burnt chocolate are not the best dessert I've ever had, 
but it certainly did give us something to giggle about for the rest of the day.
And now that sweet Justin knows how to melt chocolate properly, 
I know he's going to rock the next batch out of the park!

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha, too cute! Jon can't cook to save his life. He set my kitchen on fire two days in a row doing the same thing... Spraying no stick spray into a pan but missing and hitting the electric stove... Oops, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That's sweet! My husband has had similar faux pas, although they make me love him all the more.

    You're a great wife for taking that big bite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, you've gotta applaud the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! A strawberry turd! ;) mmm my fave. Totally kidding, I think it is so sweet, my husband would never even try, so I think it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...so sweet! Sounds like something I would do and what a good wife for gagging it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh!! haha!! too funny and way too sweet! it's the thought that counts and he tried :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious, I didn't know what it was at first!!!

    I was just catching up on your blog and saw the post about the Shalom in the Home guy. OMG, wow!?! I dying to run what he said by Jeff to see what he thinks.

    I hope you are doing well!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww! Well it's the thought that counts, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.