Saturday, November 5, 2011

Because It's NaBloPoMo

Free-write for five minutes using this prompt as the beginning:

Behind her, the noise escalated

............................................................................................
Behind her, the noise escalated. The restaurant was less crowded than usual, but somehow, much more noisy. The noise felt cumbersome--it would have been a minor annoyance all by itself, but coupled with the rest of her day, it was just too much. She wanted nothing more than to put on a pair of fuzzy socks, her favorite sweatshirt, and to crawl into bed. But, she had another three hours left of her shift. Another three hours where her income depended on a happy, upbeat mood. She bit the inside of her cheek, and walked back to the table, hoping that it wasn't too easy for them to see how she really felt.
............................................................................................

It's been a long time since I've done any sort of free-write, or even used a creative writing prompt. I had kind of forgotten how fun it can be to see where the words take you. 

This NaBloPoMo thing is new to me. Blogging every day, including weekends, is new to me. Already (a meager five days into things), I'm sometimes finding myself feeling like I don't have anything left to say. So maybe, this is it. Maybe, when I don't feel like I have anything left to say, maybe I free-write for five minutes about this person above--I don't know who she is yet, but it might be kind of fun to find out.

NaBloPoMo 2011
This post brought to you by the letters NaBloPoMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.