Sunday, November 6, 2011

Who Is She? Pt. 2

Yet another 5 minute free write, jumping right into where yesterday's post left off. Oddly enough, I have never, ever gotten so many spam comments as I did on yesterday's post!
............................................................................................
"Here's your steak sir. Again, I'm so sorry about the mix-up in the kitchen," She said. 
"This is just unacceptable. My family's out for a nice dinner, and you can't even manage to cook a simple steak correctly!" 
"I apologize. I'm happy to get my manager for you if you'd like." 
"What I'd like, is for you to do your job," the customer snapped. 

She paused for a minute, thinking. Was this it? She could walk out the door, get into her car, and just drive. Isn't that her dream? To start over where no one knows her? She'd need money eventually, but surely she could find a job wherever she ended up. Most appealing of all, she'd never have to look into anyone's eyes and see pity. Or worse yet, pain at the memory of Todd.
............................................................................................

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.