Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Blessed Event

I picked up this book several weeks ago at the used bookstore, and just finished it today. I can't remember the last time a book made me cry as hard as this one did. It was slow going at first, but I really enjoyed the end.

From the back of the book: "As young women, Darla and Jo enter into an agreement that will change their lives: Joanne agrees to give birth to the child that Darla cannot have on her own. Then early on a warm July morning, Joanne, four months pregnant, suffers a devastating car accident. For the first time in memory, Darla must face the possibility of life without Jo. As Darla struggles to understand why her distressed friend was out driving in those dark morning hours, she must also fight to keep the baby that was intended to be her child."

Great book--I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding this to my list of "to be read" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a bit intense! Why did it make you cry exactly? (I know that the back cover has some sad events on it- but usually those events are not the ones that make the book good)- so what made you cry exactly?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.