Monday, April 6, 2009

Taco Puffs


I thought I'd share one of my FAVORITE recipes from growing up--they're called Taco Puffs. I love them, becayse they're another excuse for me to eat raw fridge biscuits. Plus, they're easy, quick, and only require a couple of ingredients:
-1 pound ground beef
-1 package taco seasoning
-1-2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
-1 package Grand's Flaky Layers Fridge Biscuits

You'll thank yourself later if you pre-heat the oven to 400 right now.

Step 1: Brown the ground beef and add taco seasoning as directed on the package (I often just add the seasoning directly to the meat and don't add the water, but I'm a cheater like that).

Step 2: Now, here you have to decide whether you want BIG taco puffs, or little taco puffs. If you want little taco puffs, split a biscuit in half and then stretch it to make it a little bigger. Lay it down on a greased cookie sheet. Add a little bit of ground beef and shredded cheese. Take the second half of the biscuit, stretch it out a little bit, and lay it on top of the meat and cheese. Press the bottom and top layers together. If you want BIG biscuits, use a separate biscuit for the top and bottom layers.

Step 3: Repeat until you're out of biscuits. Keep in mind that J usually eats two of the big taco puffs. So if you're cooking for the band like I did tonight, make sure you make at least 12 (I was kinda hoping for leftovers, but they're all gone).
Step 4: Bake for 15 minutes.

Step 5: Top with sour cream, salsa, and/or more shredded cheddar.

I always have extra ground beef, so I served it up as a side along with some home-made Mexican Rice.


3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that. I just emptied the fridge out yesterday and saw a roll of the biscuits that I need to use in the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I haven't had refrigerator rolls in a long long time. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I'll make that next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.