Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Adventures at My Work

8:30am, Co-Worker 1: Oh my gosh! The baby has totally dropped!
8:35am, Co-Worker 2: I think you have a long time to go, your baby hasn’t dropped yet.
8:38am, Co-Worker 3: You’ve dropped so much since yesterday!
8:45am, Co-Worker 4: When is your baby going to drop already?

.............................................................................................

Backstory: This year, our bosses gave us some dark chocolate dipped fortune cookies as a Christmas present. In the middle of the staff meeting today, here’s what happened:

Co-Worker 5: By the way, did you guys all know there are THINGS inside those cookies?
Everyone Else: Things? What sort of things?
Co-Worker 5: Paper! Little pieces of paper!
Boss: Well, they are fortune cookies.
Co-Worker 5: But they’re dipped in chocolate! Why would they still have the fortune inside?! I ate almost the whole thing before I realized there was still a fortune inside!
Boss: I think this is one of those stories that you probably shouldn’t tell too many more people…
Co-Worker 5: But who puts paper inside chocolate dipped cookies?
Everyone Else: They’re fortune cookies!

.............................................................................................

4 comments:

  1. hehehe :) (about the fortune cookie thing!)

    and "figures" to the baby dropped subject. People are soooooo WEIRD. They should just shutup already.

    Today..I had a parent say to me "I just had to stop by and check out your tummy b/c I've heard that you majorly popped and there could be twins in there"...

    I was SO put off. I couldnt believe it. I have felt "smaller" this entire time and her stupid comment threw me into self-conscious mode! Luckily a 28 week pregnant lady came by and said, "You're tiny, girl! You DO NOT look like you're having twins!"...

    UGhhhhh PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, meredith - i just found your super sweet post of my work earlier this month! thank you so much - it made me smile! best of luck with your upcoming delivery and a big congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humor! I am sure that you cannot wait for your little girl to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.