Thursday, July 28, 2011

Snippets

- I made strawberry jam yesterday. I had $5 left on a gift card to Wal-Mart and decided that strawberries would be a great option. I did take photos of the whole process--would you guys be interested in seeing the step-by-step?

-I'm just waiting on payday to buy some more seeds for some fall planting for the garden. I know I haven't posted too many pictures this year, but I have zucchini and yellow squash out the WAZOO. I've already tried out a couple of new zucchini recipes--my favorite is making zucchini "fries" in the oven. Anyone have any other awesome zucchini recipes that I should try?

-I've got another book review up on BlogHer Book Club today. This time, it's for The Kid, Sapphire's follow-up novel to Push (aka Precious, the movie). Ethan, you'll appreciate that a good portion of this review actually talks about the prose itself.

-We're still plugging along at Insanity, though occasionally we've skipped the assigned workout in favor of something else--like going for a bike ride to the park last night after dinner. It wasn't quite as intense of a workout, but I just can't think of a better way to spend an evening than doing something active, outdoors, as a family. My sister-in-law let us use her toddler seat that attaches to the bike, and MAN it is a bit of an ab workout in itself--it definitely feels a lot more wobbly than biking alone! But Lizzy really likes it, and it's a fun way to get us out of the house and do something active at the same time.

-Why is it that the day before payday (i.e. when we've already used our spendable money for the month) is always the day that I get the cooking/organizing/decorating/DIY bug? Seriously?

10 comments:

  1. I am trying this zucchini recipe tonite, it looks delish!

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/zu_canoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes~ I would love to see your step by step process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at your payday comment since I feel as though I've been counting down the seconds until our payday over here. Tomorrow, finally!! I've got my list waiting right here next to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see the jam-making process! Also, I agree, biking with the fam > Insanity; you're showing Lizzy a good example because she's involved too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bike ride sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Nice review, too.

    And the day before payday is the worst day of the month, bar none.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *STRAWBERRY ? Dying to see your step by step!
    * Payday? What is it about? is it something you eat? LOL haven't seen a dime lately, car and furniture payments are killing me, but it's all for a good reason. I guess.... is it? pls. say yer LOL
    *I find bike rides a great work out, may not be as insane as insanity but you sure get some workout there and Lizzy gets some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For zucchini recipes, we do tons of grilled zucchini, stuffed zucchini, zucchni muffins and breads. Also a lot of stir-fries. When even it gets out of hand, I shred it and freeze it raw to pull out during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mer- My dad makes Zucchini Boats. He cuts the zucchini in half and hulls the seeds out. He cooks hamburger with onions and tomato sauce. Then, he fills in the zucc. with the hamb. mixture and tops it with cheese. He bakes it until the zucc. is soft. It's one of our FAVORITE zucc. recipes. You should DEF. try it :) Not too bad on the fat either if you use lean hamb. and low-fat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I woudl love to see a step by step jam recipe! I've always wanted to make some, but I've been too intimidated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.